Thursday, December 10, 2009

8.365 - Scrabble is Serious Business


Day 8. I've decided to go with my gut. This is not exactly because I believe that it is right, but rather because it will give me such a difficult time if I don't. But, to be honest, my gut (like my mother) is pretty much always right. I never learned to listen to my mother, although I think I'm getting better. I'm trying to learn to listen to my gut. I didn't do much of consequence today. I went to lunch with Sean in downtown San Jose and made my way to Barefoot Coffee Roasters afterward in the hopes of writing and photo-ing. What actually happened was two games of scrabble and a whole lot of coffee. This is what usually happens. At some point Saleema called me and we made our way to Pasta Pomodoro for dinner to catch up. As I haven't seen her in what can only be described as way to freaking long, it was lovely to spend some time with her. Despite it being an altogether dreary day, I'm enjoying the rain. It would, I believe, be difficult to put me in a bad mood today as I'm prancing around feeling somewhat vindicated. At the moment, I'm sitting at Steve's house next to Lachlan listening to Sean and Mike play StarCraft. It's a good night.

Now, back to my gut. This photo is fuzzy as a result of a long shutter speed. But I love it so. I kept coming back to this photo despite the slight blurred effect it has. So, I decided to listen to that gut. It is soft and pretty and so intense. Katie's been stressed lately, and I feel like she might need a softer touch in light of everything. What you may not know is that she is (at the moment of the photo) seriously contemplating a scrabble play. Like I said...Scrabble is serious business!

No comments: