Saturday, December 5, 2009

3.365 - Making Up for Lost Time


Every relationship has its ups and downs. We all know this. There are days when a relationship flows with such ease and tranquility that it requires no effort whatsoever. Other days however, you wonder how it even stays together. And then, when it gets really bad, you find yourself angry because your significant other went to a new coffee shop without you. Or maybe that's just me. However, with that said, I move on to talk about day #3. If you know me at all, you will know that the act of doing coffee means a great deal to me as an individual. I pride myself on my tastes and my palate. I not only love coffee, coffee loves me. The ritual and act of DOING coffee is a big deal. When Sean and I met, we met over coffee. We then bonded over coffee. He is possibly the first person who can really fit into my ritual that is DOING coffee. So, come earlier this week and I find myself having a truly off day and I'm throwing an absolute fit because I didn't get to go to the new coffee shop with him. It makes sense, if you know me. So, to make up for that, Sean and I trekked out to Palo Alto today to try Philz Coffee. They do drip coffee by the cup. Which makes it expensive, but oh so delicious. The coffee is good and the service is better. I am pleased and mollified.

No comments: