Thursday, December 3, 2009

1.365 - Remy

So, I jump on this bandwagon already a little conflicted about my photos. For those of you not in the know. I am beginning a 365 project in which I endeavor to take and post one photo per day for the next 365 days. I could wait until the New Year to start, but that seems sort of silly. So, here I am. I will be blogging this here, as well as on my flickr site. Please comment, if no one one is watching I'll simply cancel the show as callously and quickly as Fox cancels Joss Whedon's masterpieces.

Away we go.

---------------


Everyone, meet Remy. I acquired Remy on August 25, 2008. I decided, for Science knows what reason, that I NEEDED a typewriter. Knowing close to nothing about them, I went in search on Craigslist for some kind of 20th century machine that would fill my desires. I found Remy. He was made in October of 1926 and he is a Remington Portable. He is fully functional and beautiful. So, I begin with him. Jess and I meant to take photos with and of him when she braved my cat ridden home for a day to do her closet photo shoot with me. However, in the light of cat allergies and other things to be done, we forgot, and haven't gotten back to him. So, since he worked so hard with me during the month of November for NaNoWriMo, I thought I'd give him a moment to be a star. I post both versions of this photo here because I am conflicted. As you might have noticed, there's a rather conspicious arm hiding behind the type arms back there. The numbers 5 & 6 held themselves up because I had to wrap them around eachother to make them appear in the correct order. 3 however was the lone arm, and would not remain in frame unless something was holding his key down. Now, in the interest of focusing far closer than Sean's camera really wanted to, I was tied to the camera and could not do both tasks at once. So, I enlisted Sean's help. And, so you see his arm. I am convinced that it sort of ruins the color image, but I love it so. It is less problematic in the B/W, but...I like the image less. So, here we are. 1 of 365. Done.

EDIT: Oh, and if you would like to see the image larger, just click on it. KayThxBai!

EDIT #2: It has been decided. By me and others, the color is superior. So, I am taking the B/W version down. Though it is still available on my flickr here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I prefer the photo in color. Those are gorgeous browns. This is a great project, and I look forward to the next 364 photos! :-)

Siobhán said...

Thanks Amanda! It'll be fun. And I hope it helps my creativity as well. If I see you of Winter break you're likely to become one of my portrait victims. I have an irrational fear of doing portraits, and I need to use this project to get out of that.