Friday, December 4, 2009

2.365 - Sunsets are Revealing Too


It's day #2, and somehow, I'm already feeling a little bit overwhelmed by this project. I had a few things to do today that were weighing on my mind quite a bit, and decided not to bring the camera along. I found myself staring at the hamachi sashimi I had ordered for lunch wishing I had the camera. Alas, I did not, and so, I ate without documentation. Then, I went to coffee. My barista Paul did an awesome latte art of the letter 'S' for Siobhan, and again...I had no camera. So, I drank that without documentation. I returned home, feeling quite a bit sorry for myself and tried to find the motivation to go out and photograph something, ANYTHING. None came. So, sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself I did the only thing I knew how to do, and complained to anyone who would listen. In the middle of my complaining, low and behold, I looked out my window and saw that the sky had suddenly turned magenta! It had been something of a sad day in San Jose. Cloudy and hazy and smoggy and somewhat depressing. But all of that came together for a magenta sunset that lasted all of 5 minutes. I rushed outside to photograph it, and was aggravated to find that I could not get this damn tree branch out of my way. So, instead of scrapping the photo for something else, I worked with it. And it turned into this beautiful silhouette of its own accord. I love these colors. They make me happy.

No comments: