Thursday, January 7, 2010

21.365 - Patti Smith

My Grandmother is quite the woman. She was delighted recently to have been called "fabulous". She truly is. I generally describe her as a "hoot", because...well...she IS. She's always so happy and likes to spread that joy with everyone around her. She tells stories as though everyone else in the world partakes of them like water. She loves coffee and the color red. She's also got a rather amusing obsession with cats and religions.

I love my Grandmother. She gives in the expectation that others will take and makes it nearly impossible to say no.

My Grandmother is sick. It makes me so sad to watch age take over her life one day at a time. She will be 85 this August. She was left outside the Salvation Army when she was just a baby and adopted by her aunt not long thereafter. She's lived quite the life and has stories to tell to anyone and everyone. It's difficult for anyone to dislike her. I love my Grandmother.

1 comment:

Jessica Shirley-Donnelly said...

First of all, this picture is gorgeous. I love the focus on her hands, the profile of her face in the background, and the color of her shirt.

Second, I'm so sorry she's sick. :( But she sounds amazing, and she sounds like she's surrounded by people who adore her, and I'm glad to read about how much you love her.

Hugs.

xo